Could it be for the purpose of crystallisation, as described in Stendahl's
Love;

"At the salt mines of Salzburg, they throw a leafless wintry bough into one
of the abandoned workings. Two or three months later they haul it out
covered with a shining deposit of crystals. The smallest twig, no bigger
than a tom-tit's claw, is studded with a galaxy of scintillating diamonds.
The original branch is no longer recognizable."

http://www.brainpickings.org/index.php/2012/11/29/stendhal-on-love-crystalli
zation/

Could this happen in a lead mine?

Tanya

If you need to leave the list, send the following message to [log in to unmask] -

leave mining-history
---------