On 07/05/13, Jim Bugslag wrote:

> There is also a bit on canons dancing in cathedral labyrinths in Craig Wright, The Maze and the Warrior (2004).

And see also Julia Zimmermann, _Teufelsreigen - Engeltänze: Kontinuität und Wandel in mittelalterlichen Tanzdarstellungen_ (Frankfurt am Main: Lang, 2007), esp. pp. 100-148.

In the Latin tradition liturgical dancing is attested at least as far back as Victricius of Rouen in the late fourth century (_De laude sanctorum_, cap. 5).

Best,
John Dillon