Colleagues,

I expect that most of you have been bombarded with emails about endorsements on LinkedIn but I wonder how many of you know about the duplicate endorsement bug. I am only allowed 50 skills. I am already over the limit. If someone endorses me for Computational Chemistry and another person endorses me for computational chemistry, I end up endorsed for two separate skills. If someone  endorses me for patricide or the Tour de France, those skills go on record too. The end product is not fit for purpose. I might then be modest enough to want to delete my unlikely cycling skills but I am not allowed to do so (because of a bug) until I resolve my many duplicate skills. Unfortunately you cannot merge duplicated skills and if you delete a skill you lose all the endorsements and you are supposed to contact all your friends and ask them  to re-endorse you!

Be warned! This whole thing has got out of hand. My thanks, though, to the many people who have endorsed me. Keep up the good work. Maybe the huge number of complaints will encourage LinkedIn to do a fix.

Wendy

Dr. Wendy A. Warr
Wendy Warr & Associates
6 Berwick Court, Holmes Chapel