Dear all,

I am a postgraduate student undertaking a Masters degree in Information and Library Studies at the University of Strathclyde. I am currently undertaking research for my dissertation to assess the range of risks, and attitudes towards risks in libraries, in order to get an insight into risk management strategies in libraries.

I am now looking for volunteers to participate in the study and would be grateful if you would consider completing an online survey, and indicating whether you would be available for a short follow-up interview.

The survey is short and can take between 6 to 10 minutes to complete.

All data will be anonymised and will be stored and processed on a secure system, and I will be happy to provide a summary of my findings once the research is completed. I would like to gather as much responses from library staff regardless of their roles as possible.

Please click on the link below to access the survey or copy the link and paste it in your browser.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/FXCHRKZ

This research has been approved by the University’s Ethics Committee.

If you have any enquiries about me and the research process, please do not hesitate to contact me at email: [log in to unmask] or my supervisor Professor Forbes Gibb, email: [log in to unmask].

Thanks very much for your help.

Yours faithfully,

Isaac Mukungu

Postgraduate student - MSc in Information and Library Studies 2012/13

University of Strathclyde

Email: [log in to unmask]