Dear list,
I have read with interest the discussion regarding the rebranding of CILIP and feel that I should now put my two-pennyworth in.

I am a member of CILIP but I am not a librarian.  It should be remembered that libraries are not the only outlets for information professionals.  I am a Records Manager, there are other information professionals working in an ICT capacity, or as Information Governance Officers, or in indexing.

Therefore it is important that the CILIP leadership and membership is very clear about what they want their association to be and to represent.  Only then can a rebranding exercise take place.  At the moment I'm not convinced that CILIP knows what it wants to be.  If it just wants to represent library professionals then by all means leave the word 'library' in its title, but if it wants to be more encompassing then the word 'library' should, in my view, be removed.

These are just my thoughts on the matter and do not necessarily represent those of my employer.

Kind regards,
Kathy

Kathy Shiel
Records Manager,