Dear All,

Many of you have enquired about details, so I hope you find this message from Nigel’s wife Jill informative.

Nick

Nick Millea

Map Librarian, Bodleian Library, Broad Street, Oxford, OX1 3BG
Tel:      01865 287119
Email:  [log in to unmask]

Web: http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/maps

Nigel

Celebration and other matters

Thank you to everyone for all your kind thoughts and words – we have been very touched and quite overwhelmed.  Many of you have asked about arrangements for flowers, donations and other matters, so here you are.

As you may already know, we are going to have a small ceremony at the Crematorium for immediate family only.  No flowers, please.  Rather, we would like donations to either the Julian Starmer-Smith Lymphoma Fund (0401), or, Sobell House Hospice Charity (we shall ask that all donations received be directed to the work of the Palliative Care team).  Please send donations to Co-operative Funeral Care, Tower Hill, Witney OX28 5ES.

In order to mark and celebrate Nigel’s life, we would be very pleased if wider family, friends and former colleagues would like to would join us at the Rose Revived, Newbridge, Witney, on Friday 2nd August.  Please gather for 11.45 a.m. so that we can share memories of Nigel, followed by a buffet lunch.  As it is a working day and summer holiday time, it is quite difficult for me to provide precise numbers for catering, so it would really help if you could let me know if you plan to join us – please email me at [log in to unmask], or phone me on 01993 775601, preferably by Friday 26th July.

If you have any particular memories or stories about Nigel that you would like to share, please could you send them through to me, by the end of Monday 29th July, and I will ensure that they are read out?  Or, if you would prefer to relate it yourself, that is fine – but it would help to know that you would like to say something, and how long it is likely to take.  Thank you.

For those of you who do not know the Rose Revived, it is a country inn located on the banks of the River Thames, and has a separate function/dining room.  Our hope is that after sharing memories and stories, we can spill out into the garden to talk further and have lunch, walk along the river – or even take a ride in a paddle gondola or an electric punt!  It could be that it ends up as standing room only in the function room – so, in view of the recent weather, it might be as well to bring a fan with you!  Equally, if the weather breaks, you may need an umbrella for afterwards!

I hope I have covered everything, but if I have missed anything, please email or ring.

Once again, thank you for all your kind messages, and we look forward to seeing you on the 2nd.

Jill, Clare and Ross    xxxxx

Rose Revived postcode is OX29 7QD – situated on the A415 Abingdon to Witney road – approx 2 miles from the junction with the A420 Oxford to Swindon road – approx 8 miles from the A34.  Tel: 01865 300221.