Nick [et al.],

Thank you for (expected) sad news.

I have just forwarded a bibliographical note to the Editors of Sheetlines : the journal of the Charles Close Society for the study of Ordnance Survey maps about Nigel’s two published compilations of OS lists (etc.) in the Bodleian Library’s Map Room/Library – his ‘Maplist’ Nos 1 and 2 respectively (maybe you could add others?); with a suggestion that a short note about Nigel might be appropriate in the next issue.

Francis

From: A forum for issues related to map & spatial data librarianship [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Nick Millea
Sent: 17 July 2013 09:55
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Sad news : Nigel James

Dear All,

It is with great sadness that I have to announce that Nigel James finally lost his courageous battle with mantle cell lymphoma, and died at home on 15 July. After just over 32 years in post, Nigel, the Bodleian Library’s Assistant Map Librarian retired in October 2010. He leaves a wife, two grown-up children, and a grandson.

It is too early to have news of the funeral, etc.  I will post details when they are known.

Please pass on this news to anyone you think should know.

Best wishes,

Nick Millea

Nick Millea

Map Librarian, Bodleian Library, Broad Street, Oxford, OX1 3BG
Tel:      01865 287119
Email:  [log in to unmask]

Web: http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/maps