Hi Torsten

The problems with the env variables are reported in the FAQs:

https://wiki.italiangrid.it/twiki/bin/view/CREAM/KnownIssues#CREAM_jobs_are_cancelled_with_st

It seems that most of the grid middleware is starting services with a
clean environment, and therefore, all the services
that need to contact GE will break because of the missing environment.
The workaround is mentioned in previous wiki.

Marteen and Maria already fixed this for the BDII [1] but for BLAH I'm
not sure what is the actual status. According to [2]
they are implementing a way to have the env variables exported also to
the executables like the Bupdater. The vision is
to declare a line like "export var value" in blah.conf and the env vars
are then picked by the BLAH daemons.

Nevertheless, the ticket remains open, and it is not clear when the fix
will be available.

Regarding the GE support, we continue in the same basis as before (best
effort). We continue to react to GGUS tickets
and to update GE related software but it is difficult to establish a
very defined programme for the development.

Cheers
Goncalo

[1] https://ggus.eu/ws/ticket_info.php?ticket=94510
[2] https://ggus.eu/ws/ticket_info.php?ticket=88284