**Apologies for cross-posting!**

This coming Friday, 26th July, sees the launch of the 3rd annual Day of Archaeology www.dayofarchaeology.com.   The Day of Archaeology project demonstrates the wide variety of work our profession undertakes day-to-day across the globe through contributions to the website that describe a 'day in the life' of archaeological professionals and volunteers working in all aspects of archaeology.  The project aims to raise public awareness of the relevance and importance of archaeology to the modern world and provide an insight into the range of activities archaeologists undertake.

We want anyone with a personal, professional or voluntary interest in archaeology to get involved, and help highlight the reasons why archaeology is vital to protect the past and inform our futures.  There is still time to take part, and you can register directly on the website here: http://www.dayofarchaeology.com/wp-login.php?action=register

We have contributions from universities, museums, commercial companies and volunteer groups from every continent except Antarctica.  We are supported this year by the Archaeological Data Service, the British Museum, the Joukowsky Institute for Archaeology and the Ancient World at Brown University and UCL Centre for Digital Humanities.

Please join us if you can, or make sure you follow the Day of Archaeology as it unfolds on Friday!

Best wishes

Lorna