Water tank was my suggestion also.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gareth Hughes" <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Friday, 5 July, 2013 10:37:50 AM
Subject: Re: Friday question

Emergency reservoir for fire fighting?

-----Original Message-----
From: Issues related to Historic Environment Records
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Pete Insole
Sent: 05 July 2013 10:31
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Friday question

I don't get to ask these very often, but just thought I'd see if anyone
had any ideas about what this might be in the centre of this 1946 AP.

The site is Arnos Court Park in Brislington, Bristol. Arnos Vale
cemetery is top right and Bath Road wraps around the north and east of
the park.

There are no similar features on historic plans or later maps and
nothing visible on modern APs. I assume it is wartime related, but it
doesn't seem to be the usual air raid shelters that do appear on the 46
aerials as areas of concrete capping.

Any thoughts greatfully received.

Thanks,

Pete