Dear All,

We would like to invite you to submit your contribution (abstract) to our session "T031. Subduction plate boundaries from the trench to sub-arc and beyond"

2013 AGU Fall Meeting, 9-13 December, San Francisco, USA.

Note: the Abstract Submission deadline is August 6 (https://fallmeeting.agu.org/2013/scientific-program/abstract-submission-policies/).

T031. Subduction plate boundaries from the trench to sub-arc and beyond

Processes occurring along subduction plate boundaries are responsible for large earthquakes and tsunamis, ETS, volcanic eruptions, transport of rocks and fluids to extreme metamorphic conditions, and exhumation. We invite: field work, drilling and geophysical contributions on modern and ancient plate boundaries; investigations dealing with geometrical and mechanical heterogeneities, such as rheological and structural variations, differential locking and rupture, and fluid distribution; results from laboratory experiments and modelling on the physical and chemical causes of plate boundary heterogeneities, kinematic and down-dip dynamic evolution.

http://fallmeeting.agu.org/2013/scientific-program/session-search/sessions/t031-subduction-plate-boundaries-from-the-trench-to-sub-arc-and-beyond/

Conveners:

Paola Vannucchi -
Royal Holloway University of London -

Laura Crispini -
DISTAV  Università degli Studi di Genova -

Invited Speakers:

Philippe Agard (UPMC)

Nathan Bangs (UTIG)

Fred Chester (TAMU)

Lars Ruepke (GEOMAR)

LAURA CRISPINI

Associate Professor
c/o   DISTAV -Dipartimento di Scienze della Terra, Ambiente e Vita-Universita' di Genova - Corso Europa 26 - 16132 Genova - ITALY
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
Phone +39 010 3538204 - Fax +39 010 352169