Dear Friends and Colleagues,

We would like to draw your attention to the following special session at
the Fall AGU meeting:  T027. Origin, Evolution, and Impacts of High
Topography in Continental Interiors. We encourage you, your colleagues, and
students to submit abstracts to this session.

Best Regards,
Anne Meltzer, Lehigh University
Karl Wegmann, North Carolina State University
Richard Carlson, Carnegie Institution of Washington
Page Chamberlain, Stanford University

T027. Origin, Evolution, and Impacts of High Topography in Continental
Interiors

high-elevation landscapes are common on the continents and occur in a
variety of tectonic settings. Explanations for their origin are diverse but
generally call on mantle flow or mass transfer between the lithosphere and
deeper mantle. As such, continental uplifts carry signals that can be used
to study the interaction between deep Earth and surface processes. The
evolution of these features influences atmospheric circulation, drainage
networks, erosion, and evolution of biota. We invite both individual and
integrated studies aimed at understanding the origin, evolution, and
impacts of high topography in continental interiors.

The abstract submission deadline is 6 August 23:59 EDT/03:59 +1 GMT.

Karl W. Wegmann, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
North Carolina State University
Dept. of Marine, Earth, and Atmospheric Sciences
2800 Faucette Drive, Jordan Hall 1125
Campus Box 8208
Raleigh, NC 27695-8208

phone:  +1.919.515.0380
email:   [log in to unmask]
homepage:            Earth Surface Processes at NC
State<http://sites.google.com/site/kwwegmann/>
Mongolia research: Geodynamic Evolution of the Hangay Dome - NSF sponsored
Project <http://www.ees.lehigh.edu/groups/mongolia/>

*Occupare Cras...*