Hi, Kate and Giles, my colleague Daniel Snyder and I are currently investigating British Palaeo collections to gain evidence to make taxonomic and palaeobiogeographic analysis of Carboniferous gyracanth acanthodians. He may have funding for this - I can check on that for your blog if you would like a case study.

As you know, Giles, I am also involved in a (sadly becalmed) project to investigate British fish microfossils in the NHM collections ( grant awarded for Dec- Feb 2011-12) as part of a wider Project to understand biostratigraphy, palaeogeography and morphology etc.

Sue

Dr Susan Turner FGS, FLS
Founder Member GCG
www.paleodeadfish.com