Hello GEMMERS,

A friend shared this with me, and I thought it so good that I wanted to share it with my new pals! Strikes me that many of the points made are what is so missing when it comes to the way museums and galleries are run these days. But there are some gems in this for GEMMERS, the leadership and management dichotomy, and their respective roles:

http://blogs.hbr.org/cs/2013/05/how_to_lead_when_youre_not_in.html

Ian Fraser
Conservator
Leeds Museums and Galleries
Temple Newsam House
Leeds
LS15 0AE
www.leeds.gov.uk/templenewsam<http://www.leeds.gov.uk/templenewsam>

The Secret Lives of Objects blog
http://secretlivesofobjects.blogspot.com/search/label/Ian%20Fraser<http://secretlivesofobjects.blogspot.com/>

The information in this email (and any attachment) may be for the
intended recipient only. If you know you are not the intended recipient,
please do not use or disclose the information in any way and please
delete this email (and any attachment) from your system.

The Council does not accept service of legal documents by e-mail.