Hi All

Last week I posted a request for links to resources for secondary schools that they could use independently at your museum or heritage site. As is sometimes the case I got loads of replies from people who were interested in seeing the responses but sadly only one person sent me a link to their resources.

There must be more venues out there that cater for schools in this way - come on people don't be shy! This is obviously a topic that is of current interest so it would be great if people could share what they've produced - I'm very happy to collate responses and post them back to the GEM list.

Here's my original request:

I'm supporting an outdoor heritage site to produce some resources for self-guided visits by secondary schools and would like to find out more about the scope and variety of activities and tasks which are offered in this way by other venues.

If you currently provide resources for self-guided visits by secondary schools I'd be grateful if you could send me a weblink if they exist as downloadable activities or worksheets. If you physically give something out to self-guided secondary schools e.g. activity backpacks or equipment boxes, I'd love to receive details of those too.

Many thanks!

Jenie Macindoe
Heritage Interpretation & Learning Consultant