Hi MH
Thanks for your answer. In your experience, do you have any suggestion about which approach or quantitative metric could be used (more suitable) to screen the motion problem of the entire fMRI time series data? I want to get some single metrics based on motion profile to decide whether some dataset have serve motion problem and not to include in further group analysis. Thanks !
Best
Paul

Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2013 18:18:43 +0000
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [FSL] retry of mcflirt's mean displacement
To: [log in to unmask]

Hi Paul,
The "fd_rms" option in 'fsl_motion_outliers' just uses the fmri_mcf_rel.rms file generated by MCFLIRT.  So, it is not the same as using 'rmsdiff'.

cheers,
-MH

--
Michael Harms, Ph.D.

Conte Center for the Neuroscience of Mental Disorders
Department of Psychiatry, Box 8134
660 South Euclid Ave.
Tel: 314-747-6173
St. Louis, MO  63110