Hi - yes it is fine and common to see a group difference outside of the group average.

Cheers.

Stephen M. Smith,  Professor of Biomedical Engineering
Associate Director,   Oxford University FMRIB Centre

FMRIB, JR Hospital, Headington,
Oxford. OX3 9 DU, UK
+44 (0) 1865 222726  (fax 222717)
http://www.fmrib.ox.ac.uk/~steve