I have been asked to pass on a notice about an event, futureFest, that will take place in London on the 28-29 September: see below.

                         Nick

From: SimonMorrison [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 30 July 2013 08:29
To: Maxwell, Nicholas
Subject: FutureFest: Experience the future at a festival of ideas that will fire your imagination

Dear Maxwell,

As a friend of Nesta I am writing to ensure you are aware of a major upcoming event which I believe would not only be of interest to you, but also to your contacts.

FutureFest will be staged at Shoreditch Town Hall in east London on 28 - 29 September and it is designed as a festival of ideas to fire the imagination about what the future holds.

If you look at the event website – www.futurefest.org  - you’ll see the impressive line-up of contributors and hopefully be inspired by the blogs about the incredible sessions that we have planned.

We’ve already got hundreds of people signed up to come and experience a weekend of compelling talks, cutting-edge shows and interactive immersive experiences but we’re keen to spread the word to as many people as possible. It would be excellent if you could kindly let your contacts know about the festival, perhaps by including copy on your website; including in your newsletter; tweeting about; an e-mail campaign or writing a blog.

We’d love to give you and your networks the opportunity to experience the magic we have planned!

I include below copy and all logos attached, and would appreciate if you could kindly advise on what you think you can do to share this event with your contacts.

Looking forward to hearing from you I thank you in advance for your kind collaboration,

Sincerely,

Simon

Simon Morrison | Interim Executive Director – Communications| Nesta| tel: 020 7438 2600

COPY & LOGOS:

-          Copy for newsletter or e-mail to contacts and Website – please do amend to personalise it as you please:

     Shoreditch Town Hall, 28 – 29 September

Come and experience the future at a festival of ideas that will fire your imagination.

Some of the planet’s most radical thinkers, makers and performers are gathering in East London this September to create an immersive experience of what the world will feel like over the next few decades.

From the bright and uplifting to the dark and dystopian, FutureFest will present a weekend of compelling talks, cutting-edge shows, and interactive performances that will inspire and challenge you to change the future.

Enter the wormhole in Shoreditch Town Hall on the weekend of 28 and 29 September 2013 and experience the next phase of being human.

FutureFest is split into four sessions, Saturday Morning, Saturday Afternoon, Sunday Morning and Sunday Afternoon. You can choose to come to one, two, three or all sessions. They all have a different flavour, but each one will immerse you deep in the future.

Don’t miss your chance to book your place at this inspiring and ground-breaking event at www.futurefest.org.

Saturday Morning will feature The Blind Giant author Nick Harkaway, bionic man Bertolt Meyer, and techno-cellist Peter Gregson. There will also be secret agents, villages of the future and a crowd-sourced experiment in futurology with some dead futurists.

Saturday Afternoon has forecaster Tamar Kasriel helping to futurescape your life, and gamemaker Alex Fleetwood showing us what life will be like in the Gameful century. We’ve got top political scientists David Runciman and Diane Coyle exploring the future of democracy. There will also be a mass-deception experiment, more secret agents and a look forward to what the weather will be like in 2100.

Sunday Morning sees Sermons of the Future. Taking the pulpit will be Wikipedia’s Jimmy Wales, social entrepreneur and model Lily Cole, and Astronomer Royal Martin Rees. Meanwhile the comedian Robin Ince will be chairing a Science Fiction Parliament with top SF authors, Roberto Unger will be analysing the future of religion and one of the world’s top chefs Andoni Aduriz will be exploring how food will make us feel in the future.

Sunday Afternoon will feature a futuristic take on the Sunday lunch, with food futurologist Morgaine Gaye inviting you for lunch in the Gastrodome with insects and 3D meat print-outs on the menu. Smari McCarthy, founder of Iceland’s Pirate Party and Wikileaks worker, will be exploring life in a digitised world, and Charlie Leadbeater, Diane Coyle and Mark Stevenson will be imagining cities and states of the future.

-          Tweet: it would be excellent if you could Tweet about our event using the hashtag #futurefest and let your followers know that for a weekend in the autumn they can experience the next phase in being human!

-          Nesta Logo: