To all Friends  of Wisdom,

I am not a philosopher nor an academic, but I came to this group after searching for a network of thinkers and doers
interested in contributing to big challenges for humanity. My background is on music and for five years I have been
working hard as an cultural social entrepreneur to give voice to people and to find open communication by training
and collecting knowledge from people to share it using what technologies can provide us with. Wisdom in my view
doesn´t belong to Academia although I agree  that Universities should play a more proactive role in society. I am
planning to develop an organisation organically with wisdom and intergenerational learning at its core. So I am
sharing my plans with you as I am sure you have a lot to contribute with. This is my take on wisdom. I would like
to hear from those of you with experience in intergenerational practise.

For five years we have been working in the area of intergenerational  learning,creative heritage, knowledge transfer
using participatory methods across music and digital media.  As a  SME we came to the conclusion that there is a need
to implement collaborative learning and to  include wisdom as part of competences not only in  academia but also in
businesses. We are looking for new ways of sharing collective wisdom.

I would like to share with you a presentation I made recently at the Triple Helix conference in London
where the point I wanted to make  is that in order to achieve long term partnership we need to question
the traditional knowledge transfer as we believe innovation and knowledge also lies in small players
like us  which are delivering new models to solve complex problems.

SMEs and Universities Collaborative Partnerships
http://prezi.com/arrexlgyy1t2/universities-and-smes-collaborative-partnerships

We are planning to establish MILO an initiative to match young graduates with retired professionals from
business to work together in a traditional one to one mentorship scheme. In addition all participants
will be creating and playing music together, so we will be creating an  intergenerational wisdom
transfer model using an orchestra as an innovation lab.

As a result of the individual and collective exchanges, Leadership, Communication, Creativity,
Entrepreneurship, Empathy are some of the learning outcomes sought  that we will be able to
measure using our methods such as  crowdversations®.  In addition young people will be able
to experience the field and work in social housing estates to roll on our media project Creative
Generation (http://www.creative-generation.org.uk).

So if you want to be part of it as a mentor/musician and submit an expression of interest get in touch
with me via emailat [log in to unmask]  or telephone 07811458779.  If you work for an
University that would like to be part of this initiative let us know.

Best wishes
Sergio

Sergio López Figueroa,
Big Bang Lab, Director