Indeed, but how should we manage "crossover that occurs in randomized parallel trials", which has become so rampant in cancer trials...I realize that your question is a narrow one in the context of "true" cross-over trials, and while it is always good to be more precise in our definitions, I would also be interested in hearing about the broader views on cross-over issue...for one, when the cross-over occurs in parallel RCT,is there anything else that can be done to minimize bias outside of the intention-to-treat analysis ( and the standard adjustments for confounders employed in traditional observational studies)?

Sent from my siPhone
(Please excuse typos & brevity)