From: Evidence based health (EBH) [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Ahmed Abou-Setta, MD
Sent: Thursday, July 11, 2013 9:19 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Identifying Cochrane SRs before they're published

Hi Jon,

You can¡¯t know unless you are the managing editor or the author of the review. Cochrane reviews can go through several rounds of internal review until the editorial team is satisfied with the quality of the review. Also, now Cochrane has moved to a publish when ready model, where once a review is entered in the system as ready for publishing, it gets published a few hours later in the CDSR.

So for you to get the information you are after, either you have get a close working relationship with each managing editor in the Cochrane review groups or forge an official relationship between Trip and Cochrane so you are notified on a regular basis.

Of course, I may be completely wrong, but that¡¯s the way I am seeing the situation.

Hope this helps.

Ahmed