Hi,

I'm not in Liverpool but having had several students taken away to different parts of the country to start all over again, I think that sharing information like this is an excellent way to support our learners through what must be a very difficult time. Maybe we could start some kind of mutual information sharing service on/off list?

Tom

From: ESOL-Research discussion forum and message board [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of Karen Dudley [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 02 July 2013 08:31
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Support in Liverpool query

Dear colleagues

One of our female Eritrean learners is being relocated from London to
Liverpool by the Home Office today. We are urgently looking for
advice/useful contacts in Liverpool in relation to:
- support for new arrivals to city
- women who are victims of Domestic Violence
- asylum applicants
- making links with Tigrinya speakers/members of Eritrean community
- free ESOL.

Please could you contact me directly if you have any suggestions.

Many thanks

Karen Dudley
Learning Unlimited
020 7911 5562

ESOL-Research is a forum for researchers and practitioners with an interest in research into teaching and learning ESOL. ESOL-Research is managed by James Simpson at the Centre for Language Education Research, School of Education, University of Leeds.
To join or leave ESOL-Research, visit
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/ESOL-RESEARCH.html
A quick guide to using Jiscmail lists can be found at:
http://jiscmail.ac.uk/help/using/quickuser.htm
To contact the list owner, send an email to
[log in to unmask]: This message is for the named person's use only. It may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission or retransmission. If you receive this message in error, please immediately delete it and all copies of it from your system, destroy any hard copies of it and notify the sender. You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message if you are not the intended recipient. Waltham Forest College and any of its subsidiaries each reserve the right to monitor all e-mail communications through its networks. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the message states otherwise and the sender is authorized to state them to be the views of any such entity.

Email has been scanned for viruses by Critical Software's email service.