Dear colleagues

Huge thanks to everyone who got back to me last week with following my
request for advice/useful contacts for a female Eritrean learner who was
being relocated from London to Liverpool by the Home Office.  We
received some incredibly helpful and generous offers of support and some
really useful contacts. Thank you again.

The learner in question has now been told she is being relocated to
Manchester this week! We are urgently looking for advice/useful contacts
in Manchester in relation to:
  - support for new arrivals to the city
- women who are victims of Domestic Violence
- asylum applicants
- making links with Tigrinya speakers/members of Eritrean community
  - free ESOL.

Please could you contact me directly if you have any suggestions.

Many thanks

Karen Dudley
Learning Unlimited
020 7911 5562

ESOL-Research is a forum for researchers and practitioners with an interest in research into teaching and learning ESOL. ESOL-Research is managed by James Simpson at the Centre for Language Education Research, School of Education, University of Leeds.
To join or leave ESOL-Research, visit
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/ESOL-RESEARCH.html
A quick guide to using Jiscmail lists can be found at:
http://jiscmail.ac.uk/help/using/quickuser.htm
To contact the list owner, send an email to