Dear Colleagues,

I have been asked to advise on lighting for a student with very severe Scotopic Sensitivity.  I would be really grateful if anyone is able to advise potential solutions to this:-

The lights in the rooms in question would seem to be on two switches so the lights can be turned off in half of the room back or front, but they cannot be turned off individually, neither can they be dimmed.

I am sure these rooms must be used by other visually stressed students and I wonder if there is a solution that I could pass on to my student.  They already wear a cap and tinted lenses to reduce the glare but the lights are still too bright causing nausea and migraine headaches.  Sometimes they can only cope with 10 -15 minutes of a lecture before having to leave.  The other issue is that the lights flicker.

If you do have any suggestions, please would you email me direct at [log in to unmask] and I will pass on to my colleague.

Many thanks,

Lyn

Lynda Tout

Inclusion Co-ordinator

Disability & Inclusion Advice Service (HDC ground floor)

T:   01752 636833 [Extn: 2033]