From: This list is for those interested in Data Protection issues [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Owen Thomas
Sent: 30 July 2013 16:55
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [data-protection] CCTV

Likewise.

Which now brings out the question 'Is the victim's interest in finding out who damaged his vehicle (and then drove off without reporting it) more or less legitimate than the scallywag's interest in getting away scot-free?'  :-)

I'd lean towards release of carefully edited footage - or at least a description of what was visible and relevant to the 'Who hit my car?' part of the customer's query.

Owen

       leave data-protection to [log in to unmask] All user commands can be found at http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/help/commandref.htm