 From: Mark J van Raaij <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Tuesday, 9 July 2013, 15:23
Subject: Re: [ccp4bb] modified amino acids in the PDB

- really the only complicated case would be where a group is covalently linked to more than one amino acid, wouldn't it? Any case where only one covalent link with an is present could (should?) be treated as a special amino acid, i.e. like selenomethionine.
- groups without any covalent links to the protein are better kept separate I would think (but I guess this is stating the obvious).

Mark J van Raaij
Lab 20B
Dpto de Estructura de Macromoleculas
Centro Nacional de Biotecnologia - CSIC