Well - most refinement procedures output the Fobs and the Fcalc on the same (more-or-less) absolute scale..

After data processing the observations are on a more or less arbitrary scale, so that seems sensible.

It gets more problematic when you start correcting for anisotropy..
Eleanor

On 17 July 2013 15:59, Phoebe A. Rice <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
EEK, it seems to me that anything called simply "FP" should be unadulterated FP.  If the software modifies a column in some way, it should give it a new label, shouldn't it?

Phoebe A. Rice
Dept. of Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
The University of Chicago

http://bmb.bsd.uchicago.edu/Faculty_and_Research/

http://www.rsc.org/shop/books/2008/9780854042722.asp

From: CCP4 bulletin board [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of Eleanor Dodson [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, July 17, 2013 6:05 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ccp4bb] TLS refinement refmac

Oh dear - you should always start refinement against the original processed data - but others have told you that already..

The TLS files will not be appropriate for the rescaled FPs - it is surprising that the Rfactor actually goes down though!
Or are you doing several cycles of refinement in thesecond pass too - in that case one would hope the Rfactor would continue to fall.
Eleanor