I dearly love ccp4i, but there is one aspect of the interface that
drives me to distraction.  When I type (or paste) an input file name
(let's say input.mtz) into the refmac menu, ccp4i changes various
output file names automatically according to some scheme that doesn't
at all match my work flow.  How can I disable this?

I imagine it is simply a matter of commenting out a couple of lines
in a script but I haven't been able to figure out which lines those are.

Better yet - if it must rename, is there a way I can give it a new
rule for naming output files?   My workflow wants all output files
from the same refinement run to have the same base name.  E.g.
RUN_N.pdb RUN_N.mtz and RUN_N.tls  regardless of what the input file
names might be (typically dataset.mtz and RUNsomething-coot-N.pdb).

Is there still time to request this as a feature for the next
release?

	Ethan

--
Ethan A Merritt
Biomolecular Structure Center,  K-428 Health Sciences Bldg