Geoffrey Hill's wife is Alice Goodman, who wrote the libretto to two of John Adam's seminal operas, Nixon in China and The Death of Klinghoffer, the opera about the highjacking of the Achille Lauro. Penny Woolcock directed a British TV version of the latter. Goodman is a really wonderful librettist. Here are two choruses from that opera.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jw33u9qAsE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSTusH-Uwog

Jaime

Amor tussisque non celantur.