Yes, day was inevitable(& understandable) that my message would be in (mis)read in that way (Despite my explicit assumption that you are not consciously sexist or racist). my point was that certain modes of discourse perpetuate certain structural inequalities. My point was not that you are racist… & Alison Croggon's statement is indeed, as she herself just pointed out, so obviously ironic it should be a textbook example of verbal irony. Your reaction and this whole situation would be an example of situational irony...