designinform - name change

Important Announcement – change of name for designinform

Hi All

After much consideration, and not a little soul-searching, we have decided to rename designinform.

Given the increased digitization by us of a wide range of fine art and architecture journals, it was felt that the title designinform, with its apparent emphasis on design, did not fully represent the scope and coverage of our database, indeed, it is positively misleading.

This is evident by an analysis of the subject fields in Design ProFILES.  As of today, DP contains data on 4,904 painters, 1,763 sculptors, and 3,117 architects and architectural firms.  Whilst this still represents less than half of the 25,776 names currently included in DP, fine art and architecture will probably soon overtake design as the dominant subject areas.

The new name will be
Arts: Search and it will be launched on on 8 July 2013

The component parts of Arts: Search will be:

Review [full text]

Arts + Architecture ProFILES

Design Abstracts Retrospective

Arts: Search Research Guides

The URL of Arts: Search will be http://www.arts-search.com and http://arts-search.com/database

The email address will be [log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]

Although we are constantly working on refining and improving the interface and its searchability, there with be no change in the format of our database, and it will still be possible, for the meantime, to access the database at http://www.designinform.co.uk/database and to contact us at [log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]

Best wishes

Chris

Chris Mees
Editor – Arts: Search
DRP  |  Poundsford  |  Vicarage Lane  |  Burwash  |  East Sussex | England TN19 7JS
E: [log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
T: +44 1435 883950
W: http://www.arts-search.com

For up to date information on forthcoming workshops and free visits please see the online ARLIS/UK & Ireland Events Calendar 2013 at http://arlis.org.uk/