THE NATIONAL ARCHIVES ENGAGEMENT TEAM

Dear colleagues

This message is to explain some changes in The National Archive’s Engagement Team, and the system we will work to while we recruit to some empty roles.

Two of our engagement managers are moving on:

·         Liza Giffen, Engagement Manager North  (North East, North West and Yorkshire) leaves on 31st July to take up post as archivist for the publisher DC Thomson in Dundee

·         Kate Wheeler, Engagement Manager East (East of England, South East and East Midlands) has moved into a new role on our Archiving the Arts programme

·         Jessamy Carlson, who was due to return from maternity leave  to her post as Engagement Manager East, has also taken up a new post on the 20 Year Rule Programme

This means we are now recruiting for Engagement Managers for the East and North, and hope to have people in post by Christmas.

Interim arrangements

·         In the interim, we have committed to continue to support the services we have been working closely with in these regions, and will provide them with a dedicated named contact.

·         We will also endeavour to attend regional network meetings, to ensure we keep abreast of developments and news.

·         For all other issues that arise, please contact me so I can assign your case to a member of the Engagement Team. My contact details are:

0208392 5330 x2271

Recruitment

We are also recruiting to a new role of Strategic Engagement Manager, which is now advertised on The National Archive’s website. http://ig24.i-grasp.com/fe/tpl_nationalarchives01.asp?newms=hm

Recruitment to the Engagement Manager posts has now started, initially internally and across the civil service, and will go to external recruitment if we do not appoint at this first stage.

All three roles provide an exciting opportunity to work across the archives sector to help shape The National Archive’s leadership role and support sector development at a time of challenging change and innovation.

We will send out a link to the job adverts on archives-nra. In the meantime, if you are interested in finding out about these roles, please feel free to contact me for an informal chat.

With best wishes

Isobel

Isobel Siddons | Head of Engagement| Archives Sector Development
The National Archives | Kew | Richmond | Surrey TW9 4DU | 020 8392 5330 x2271
www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/archives

National Archives Disclaimer

This email and any files transmitted with it are intended solely for the use of the
individual(s) to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient and
have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete the email.
Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message and attachments that do
not relate to the official business of The National Archives are neither given nor
endorsed by it.