Hi all, I've been asked to circulate the following conference announcement (apologies for lack of flyer)

All the best,

Ruth

From: Participation
Sent: Tuesday, July 23, 2013 3:57 PM
To: [log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask]
Subject: Past is Prologue conference September 2013
Dear Patrick,
I hope this finds you well.

I'm emailling you to let you know about Past is Prologue, a conference that LIFT are organising on the 13th of September which explore the ways in which archives can provide creative stimulus for artists and the community.  There will be a full programme of discussions and creative presentations from a variety of artists across art forms, examining the creative potential of archives and how we may engage with them.

If this is something you may be interested in do consider coming along - we can offer a 20% discount to all bookers before the 1st of August, making registration just £91.20.  Also we would greatly appreciate if you could spread the word among your professional networks, in social media or in your newsletter. LIFT would be more than happy to reciprocate with publicising your events through our various networks in return.

Please see below for more detailled information on the conference, or you can visit the website at http://liftfestival.com/content/28799/whats_on/past_is_prologue/past_is_prologue. Attached is an e-flyer which you can circulate among your contacts.

Past Is Prologue - 13 September
LIFT, engage and Goldsmiths, University of London present Past Is Prologue; a day of dialogues and presentations exploring the ways in which artists across varying art forms draw creative potential from archive collections. Keynote speakers include artists Siobhan Davies, Curator Archive Gallery Nayia Yiakoumaki (Whitechapel Gallery) and Director of the Whitworth Art Gallery in Manchester Maria Balshaw who will discuss the ways in which artists draw inspiration and re-animate archive material such as photographs, film, artefacts and oral histories.
Join us as we bring together artists and curators in discussions, and present new work in music and film.
20% discount for Early Bird bookers ends 1 August.
http://liftfestival.com/content/28799/whats_on/past_is_prologue/past_is_prologue
@LIFTfestival @GoldsmithsUOL @engagevisualart #PastIsPrologue

Thanks very much,

All the best,
Megan Vine
Participation Placement
LIFT

liftfestival.com (for details of all shows in LIFT 2012)
twitter/LIFTfestival
facebook/theLIFTfestival

Support us:
Text: LIFT 81 £your donation to 70070 (e.g. LIFT 81 £10)

+44 (0) 20 7968 6800
Registered Charity No: 286169