*        http://www.anthropologymatters.com            *
* A postgraduate project comprising online journal,    *
* online discussions, teaching and research resources  *
* and international contacts directory.                *

Also ASA published two texts on the subject in early 2012.
Here: http://www.theasa.org/he_crisis.shtml

best
Dimitris

On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 11:41 AM, Mariya Ivancheva <
[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> [...]
> edited by Marilyn Strathern
>
> of the question on liberal institutions and academic freedoms, i would say
> sociologists working in the tradition of Bourdieu do more on that, and the
> role of intellectuals, intellectual autonomy within the academy.
>
> best,
> Mariya
> On Jul 19, 2013 10:03 AM, "Grassiani, Erella" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> > ******************************************************
> > *        http://www.anthropologymatters.com            *
> > * A postgraduate project comprising online journal,    *
> > * online discussions, teaching and research resources  *
> > * and international contacts directory.                *
> >  ******************************************************
> >
> > Dear all,
> >
> > While many anthropologists have written about neoliberalism and its
> > effects, I have not come across many writings on what the neoliberal
> > changes, especially in universities (university reforms, etc.) mean for
> our
> > own discipline, that supposedly is a liberal one? Can anyone help me with
> > this?
> >
> > Thanks!!
> >
> > Erella Grassiani
> >
> > University of Amsterdam
> > Dept. Of Sociology and Anthropology
> > Oudezijds Achterburgwal 185
> > Amsterdam, the Netherlands
> > * To join this list or to look at the archived previous       *
> > * messages visit:                                             *
> > * http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/Anthropology-Matters.HTML   *
> > * If you have ALREADY subscribed: to send a message to all    *
> > * those currently subscribed to the list,just send mail to:   *
> > *                                                             *
> > *       Enjoyed the mailing list? Why not join the new        *
> > *       CONTACTS SECTION @ www.anthropologymatters.com        *
> > *    an international directory of anthropology researchers
> > *
> > * To unsubscribe: please log on to jiscmail.ac.uk, and            *
> > * go to the 'Subscriber's corner' page.
>  *
> > *
> * To join this list or to look at the archived previous       *
> * messages visit:                                             *
> * http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/Anthropology-Matters.HTML   *
> * If you have ALREADY subscribed: to send a message to all    *
> * those currently subscribed to the list,just send mail to:   *
> *                                                             *
> *       Enjoyed the mailing list? Why not join the new        *
> *       CONTACTS SECTION @ www.anthropologymatters.com        *
> *    an international directory of anthropology researchers
> *
> * To unsubscribe: please log on to jiscmail.ac.uk, and            *
> * go to the 'Subscriber's corner' page.                                  *

Dr Dimitris Dalakoglou<http://www.sussex.ac.uk/anthropology/people/peoplelists/person/236301>
Senior Lecturer in Anthropology
University of Sussex
From the Greek Streets <http://www.occupiedlondon.org/blog>