I think you want to look at association rules. Have a look at the arules package in the R system.

http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/arules/vignettes/arules.pdf

http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/arules/index.html

Blaise

From: Angelica Neisa <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Monday, 29 July 2013, 18:23
Subject: Cluster of items

Hello Everyone,

I have a list of 80 people,each of them  with a list  of personal products used in the last 24 hours. I want to find groups of items that are commonly used together.  What statistical technique would you recommend to this?

Thanks you very much for your answers,

Angelica,

SIGNOFF allstat

SIGNOFF allstat