From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Martin Gibson
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Friday, July 05, 2013 4:30 PM
Subject: Measurements Systems Analysis of destructive testing of tensile steel samples

Good afternoon,

I'm interested in finding information on destructive testing of tensile steel samples.  Specifically, does anyone have any knowledge / experience of using nested ANOVA in Destructive Testing in Measurements Systems Analysis please?

An example data set I found on the web from the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders fails the Automotive Industry Action Group threshold GR&R of 30% and the Number of Distinct Categories was not displayed.  Putting the data in to Minitab I can confirm the GR&R figure of 78% as published and the NDC figure is 1 (greeter than 5 is desired).  Another example from MoreSteam University passes the requirements but the data is not published.

The whole area of Destructive Testing in Measurements Systems Analysis seems to create problems for industrial users.  Some seem to rely upon annual calibration certificates and ignore the MSA requirement for their Quality Management Systems.

I am aware of the Don Wheeler EMP approach as an alternative, however automotive QMS requirements use the AIAG MSA 4th Edition reference Manual so I am seeking information on the AIAG approach.

Thank you,
Martin Gibson

SIGNOFF allstat

SIGNOFF allstat