We are delighted to announce and humbly invite your submission to the first annual Ethnografilm Festival<http://ethnografilm.com/>, 17-20 April 2014, in Paris, France.

Four years in the making, Ethnografilm will highlight the academic and documentary films that best contribute to the systematic understanding of our social world through film.  A global initiative sponsored by the International Social Science Council and the Society for Social Studies of Science, this film festival meets the growing need for non-fiction filmmakers to present peer-reviewed audiovisual work in an international forum.

Ethnografilm solicits submissions in four categories: academic, academic short, documentary, & documentary short (shorts defined as under 10 minutes).    Academic films are generally those in which a scholar has a principal role such as editor, director, or producer.  Please contact the festival manager<mailto:[log in to unmask]> if there are questions. Ethnografilm makes no distinction by career stage, and particularly solicits films by students and youth.

We are honored to view all contributions to the understanding of the social world.

Submit Your Film<https://www.withoutabox.com/login/11148>

Scholarships will be offered for travel to Paris in April 2014 after selections are announced.

Ethnografilm Web Site<http://ethnografilm.com>

Wesley Shrum, Director
Emily Blosser<mailto:[log in to unmask]>, Festival Manager