Dear Suzanne,

Would you mind sharing these references on the list, if that is ok with the authors? (or did i miss a few emails?)
Many thanks,

Kerry

Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2013 21:59:49 +0200
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ZOOARCH] Fwd: sheep goat meat yield data?
To: [log in to unmask]

Thanks to all of you and especially to Sarah, Giovanni and Aaron, my colleague Kathleen will appreciate your suggestions,
very best,
Susanne

Dr. Susanne C. Münzel
Universität Tübingen
Naturwissenschaftliche Archäologie
- Arbeitsbereich Archäozoologie -
Rümelinstr. 23
D-72070 Tübingen
Tel.: -49(0)7071-29 77144

privat: Mendelssohnstr. 108
70619 Stuttgart
Tel.: 0711/4780683

www.urgeschichte.uni-tuebingen.de
Am 13.06.2013 20:06, schrieb Aaron Sasson:

Hi,

I used ethnographic data to calculate meat and milk yields (as well as nutrition values) for sheep, goats and cattle.

Sasson, A. (1998) The Pastoral Component in the Economy of Hill Country Sites in the Intermediate Bronze and Iron Ages: Archaeo-Ethnographic Case Studies. Tel Aviv 25, 3-51.

Ragards,

Aaron

Aharon Sasson, PhD
Co-director, San Diego Zooarchaeology Lab
Department of Birds and Mammals

San Diego Natural History Museum
1788 El Prado, San Diego, CA 92101

Tel: 858 530 0062