From: Managing institutional Web services [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of McConnell, Mike
Sent: 20 June 2013 17:21
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Digital Asset Management systems

Hi folks,

At Aberdeen we have been undertaking some work to produce a specification for a digital asset management system – images, video and audio. This has primarily been driven by requirements in Web, Comms and Marketing to have easy access to approved images, manage and share collections, and assign appropriate meta data.

I would be interested to hear what solutions other institutions have adopted, and the scope of what is included; for example, we might like to use such a repository for research images as well.

We have produced a requirements spec that you can view at http://homepages.abdn.ac.uk/m.mcconnell/pages/requirements.pdf

If colleagues reply to me rather than the list I am happy to collate responses. Alternatively two of my colleagues will be attending IWMW next week, so you can buttonhole them if you prefer.

Thanks,

Mike

Mike McConnell

Web and Corporate Systems