Hi everyone, this is a subject which concerns us all and one which we have
also taken up in Australia and New Zealand. I have a systematic review under
consideration at the moment with a journal, and thankfully we are beginning
to see more studies emerging, as well as a recognition that RCTs are not
only not suited to the TC environment but to most health-related
interventions that do not rely on medications or other medical
interventions.

In Australia we have recently held a Research Roundtable and had interest
from researchers from 10 universities keen to provide some input into
research with TCs.  I will be at EFTC and Rowdy will then be with us in
Australia for the ATCA conference in October. I would also be very keen to
take part in any discussion and to let you know what we are doing
'downunder' in TC work and research.

Kind Regards

Lynne

Assoc Prof Lynne Magor-Blatch MAPS, MCFP

Executive Officer

Australasian Therapeutic Communities Association (ATCA)

Ph:   0422 904 040

PO Box 464

Yass NSW 2582

www.atca.com.au

The ATCA acknowledges Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people as the
Traditional Custodians of this country and its waters. We wish to pay our
respect to Elders past and present and extend this to all Aboriginal people
seeing this message.