Greetings,

I'm working on a Python script that relies on the output from certain KAPPA commands (eg. STATS, FITSLIST) for part of its functionality.  I prefer doing it this way versus in a tcsh script because of the relative ease of use of Python.  The trouble is, when I attempt to run my Python code from within a tcsh environment primed with KAPPA, it doesn't seem to have access to the KAPPA command from the calling parent shell's environment.  Is there a way to enable this?  Or do I have to invoke KAPPA within the Python environment?

Thanks for your suggestions,
Matt
Matt Sherwood Research Associate
Institute for Space Imaging Science (ISIS)
Physics & Astronomy Department University of Lethbridge
Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada,  T1K 3M4
Ph: 1 (403) 332-4072 Cell: 1 (587) 220-0880
Web: JCMT SCUBA-2 FTS  Email: [log in to unmask]