Hi!

I would like to open my images which I have realiged and resliced in spm as matrices in matlab.

To do this I am using load_nii. However, this only works on half of them. The others give me the following error message:

??? Error using ==> xform_nii>change_hdr at 350

   Non-orthogonal rotation or shearing found inside the affine matrix
   in this NIfTI file. You have 3 options:

   1. Using included 'reslice_nii.m' program to reslice the NIfTI
      file. I strongly recommand this, because it will not cause
      negative effect, as long as you remember not to do slice
      time correction after using 'reslice_nii.m'.

   2. Using included 'load_untouch_nii.m' program to load image
      without applying any affine geometric transformation or
      voxel intensity scaling. This is only for people who want
      to do some image processing regardless of image orientation
      and to save data back with the same NIfTI header.

   3. Increasing the tolerance to allow more distortion in loaded
      image, but I don't suggest this.

   To get help, please type:

   help reslice_nii.m
   help load_untouch_nii.m
   help load_nii.m

Error in ==> xform_nii at 154
   [hdr,orient]=change_hdr(hdr,tolerance,preferredForm);

Error in ==> load_nii at 135
   nii = xform_nii(nii, tolerance, preferredForm);

None of the images gives me any error messages in spm. Can I still trust the results of the spm correlation analysis then?

Regarding the problem of opening them as matrices: Can this be solved? I have tried reslice_nii, but that changes the dimensions of the image, which I do not want it to do (the images resliced in spm have the same dimensions as the orginal image).

Is there any other command of function I can use in order to open the images?

Grateful for any help,
Karin