From: Social History Curators Group email list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Sara Wear
Sent: 18 June 2013 13:40
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Donations with special requests

This is an email sent via the SHCG List. If you reply to this message, your message will be sent to all the people on the list, not just the author of this message. -------------------------------

Hi Arran,

I don't have an example of a donation being lent back out, but we do have church plate on loan to us from the Parish Council who regularly borrow it back for church services; it is a slightly different situation, but I thought it might be a useful example. The PC insure the objects from the time they leave the Museum until they return and they are kept in a safe in the churchwarden's house when not in use. We are notified if anyone new comes to collect the plate and they have to bring proof of identity (passport etc) when collecting and we complete an outloans form in the usual way. The plate is currently in store, but when it was on display we did have to take it out of the case c.three times a year.

I hope this is helpful, generally, museum curators advise against accepting donations with conditions, but you may feel that this is not an option in this case.

Best wishes,

Sara