Two years ago UCL SSEES Library launched a large online collection of rare books, historic maps, and archives, digitised with funding from the European Union. That collection comprises nearly 400 books dating between 1557 and 1860; over 200 maps of Central, South Eastern and Eastern Europe and Russia, dating back to the 15th century; photographs, sketches, and postcards from Arthur Evans’ travels in South East Europe; and over 500 photographs taken by the anthropologist Margaret Hasluck in South Eastern Europe in the 1920s and 1930s.They are all available for use in teaching and research, and most may be freely reproduced under a creative commons licence. We are now reviewing how these collections are being used and are taking the opportunity to re-publicise them to those who might not be aware that they exist.

Do take a look by following this link: Digitised maps, books and archives from UCL SSEES Library Special Collections. We would be very grateful if you could complete the very short survey that you will find on that page – it should take no more than five minutes.

Many thanks

Lesley Pitman

Lesley Pitman

Librarian and Director of Information Services

UCL School of Slavonic and East European Studies Library

16 Taviton Street, London WC1H 0BW

tel: +44 (0)207 679 8703 (internal 28703)

email l.pitman@ ucl.ac.uk

skype: lesley.pitman1

www.ssees.ucl.ac.uk/library

www.twitter.com/UCLSSEESLibrary