From: Thordis Sveinsdottir <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Reminder: Workshop on policy implipations of open data access in Europe - places still available!
Date: 25 June 2013 13:49:48 BST

Dear Sir or Madam,

We still have spaces available at our workshop on the 4th September, where we will be discussing
key findings from WP1 of the EU FP7 funded project, Policy Recommendations for Open Access to Research Data in Europe (RECODE), which addresses the drivers of and barriers to developing open data access in Europe, with the aim of drafting recommendations for policy. For further information about RECODE please see our website: http://recodeproject.eu

The first work-package will have explored stakeholder values and motivations by undertaking a review of policy and related documents and by conducting 5 case studies that seek to understand open data access in research practice.  The case studies are: particle physics; social and clinical research; bioengineering; environmental research; and humanities research.

We have so far got confirmed attendance from academics from various disciplines, data management experts, representatives from funding councils and research institutes, which will enhance the discussion and invite a variety of viewpoints on the complex issue of open access to research data.

The structure of the workshop will be a mix of presentations of findings and break out discussion groups.  For a detailed agenda, please see the attached document.

For reserving a place at the workshop please reply to this email or email Jayne Parkin [log in to unmask]

For travel information and map, please see: http://www.sheffield.ac.uk/icoss/

Please feel free to distribute this invite to other interested parties that you may know!

On behalf of the RECODE partners and with best wishes,

Thordis

Dr Thordis Sveinsdottir
Research Associate
Department of Sociological Studies