APOLOGIES FOR CROSS-POSTING/RE-POSTING

The  <http://www.raceequalityfoundation.org.uk/index.asp> Race Equality
Foundation is a national charity which promotes race equality and helps to
overcome barriers by exploring discrimination and disadvantage.   We are
currently commissioning evidence-based briefing papers for
<http://www.better-health.org.uk/> Better Health and
<http://www.better-housing.org.uk/> Better Housing projects.

The papers are usually around 8 pages long (including bibliography), and
although they focus on a variety of different issues and ethnic groups,
overarching themes include:

*         the obstacles to the participation and engagement of black and
minority ethnic service users in health services, such as segregation,
dispersal or language
*         the limitations which exist in the provision of culturally,
ethnically and linguistically appropriate services, especially for service
users who may be in rural areas/present a significant minority
*         the impact of personal or institutional racism upon black and
minority ethnic  service users and staff
*         the intersections between age, disability, gender, faith, poverty
and ethnicity
*         best practice examples to tackle discrimination and disadvantage
In particular, we are currently seeking authors for papers on the following
themes:
*        the financial cost of poor housing to the health service
*        successful initiatives to improve health through improvements in
housing
*        how to ensure that IAPT reaches black and minority ethnic
communities
*        how to ensure that personalisation improves experiences and
outcomes for black and minority ethnic communities/excluded groups
*        effective use of the NHS Constitution
If you are interested in producing a paper, please send us with a short
blurb or 4-5 bullet points to outline the content/structure of the paper.
Please see other examples of briefings in the
<http://www.better-health.org.uk/briefings> Better Health and
<http://www.better-housing.org.uk/briefings> Better Housing collections.
If you'd like to know more about the project or
<http://www.better-health.org.uk/register> register for our monthly
newsletter, do please get in touch.

Kat Nower
Information Officer