Apologies for crossposting

Dear All --

Please find below the updated programme of our sessions on Public Art and Architecture As Irritation: Mediating Politics, Emotions and Space at the 4th International and Interdisciplinary Conference on Emotional Geographies at the University of Groningen, the Netherlands, 1–3 July 2013.

We welcome you to attend our sessions all scheduled on Monday 1 July 2013. The abstracts of the presentations can be read via the conference website: http://www.rug.nl/research/ursi/events/emospa/programme

Session organisers:
Martin Zebracki, Cultural Geography Group, Wageningen University, the Netherlands
Martijn Duineveld, Cultural Geography Group, Wageningen University, the Netherlands

SESSION I - Public Art and Architecture As Irritation: Mediating Politics, Emotions and Space
Chairs: Martin Zebracki & Martijn Duineveld
Timeslot: Monday 1 July 2013, 10h30 – 12h00
Location: University of Groningen, Academy Building (Broerstraat 5, Groningen), room Van der Leeuw
…………………………………………………………………
Lesley Murray
Re-Imaging and Re-Imagining: Murals and Emotions in a City Divided

Justy Phillips
The Instar Cycle: Making-Through-Affect in Contemporary Art

Adrienne Christiansen
Birthing a New State: Representations of Women in Northern Cyprus’ Public Sculpture

Vicky Karaiskou
Women Without a Voice: Female Representations in Cypriot Public Sculpture

SESSION II - Public Art and Architecture As Irritation: Mediating Politics, Emotions and Space
Chairs: Martin Zebracki & Martijn Duineveld
Timeslot: Monday 1 July 2013, 13h00 – 14h30
Location: University of Groningen, Academy Building (Broerstraat 5, Groningen), room Van der Leeuw
…………………………………………………………………
Celia Ghyka
Contested Memories: Public Monument in Romania

Jan Balke
Discursive Production of Urban Architecture in the ‘Culture-Led City’: The Case Study of Hamburg’s Elbe Philharmonic Hall

Ioana Nica
Emotional Dimensions of Site-Specificness and Architectural Influence on Society

SESSION III - Public Art and Architecture As Irritation: Mediating Politics, Emotions and Space
Chairs: Martin Zebracki & Martijn Duineveld
Timeslot: Monday 1 July 2013, 15h00 – 16h30
Location: University of Groningen, Academy Building (Broerstraat 5, Groningen), room Van der Leeuw
…………………………………………………………………
Sara Bonati, Dario Pinton & Francesco Visentin
Between Local and Global: European Public Art and the Cosmopolitan Hearth

Brais Estιvez Villarino
The Role of Affect in the Study of the Urban Controversy of Plaηa Lesseps, Barcelona

Closing discussion led by Martin Zebracki & Martijn Duineveld

Best wishes,

Martijn & Martin

Dr. M.M. (Martin) Zebracki
Lecturer & Researcher in Cultural Geography, Utrecht University, Wageningen University & Vrije Universiteit Brussel
Academic Advisor, University College Utrecht
www.zebracki.org