Given that BGCI has advertised this an an internship rather than a voluntary work placement with a charity, and stipulate a minimum of three months, its legality is questionable. The financial reimbursement detailed in the vacancy notice is £25 per day, which is effectively expenses only. The minimum wage for an eight-hour day is £49.52 for anyone of graduate age and above, and the Living Wage £68.40.

Francis

--
Dr Francis Sedgemore
journalist, writer and physicist