Hi All,
Thank you very much for this interesting discussion !!It made me think in my situation and the developing of reflective skills with pregraduated students using Facebook. This is  a second opportunity because blogs did not worked the first time. Their reflections are short and emergent themes relate to feeelings and values from our classes. However ,I have to complement their facebook  posted ideas with interviews in order to get more from them. The Language students are always better on previous skills while Physical Education and Natural Sciences students struggle with the writting of reflections.Hence , from my point of view I have to deal with each one in particular because  it is difficult to generalize reflections  in groups.
Greetings, g.

Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 05:34:56 +0800
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Researching Our Own Practice
To: [log in to unmask]

Hi all

I have been reviewing a programme recently in which reflection and group process is part of the work. One person suggested, in my interview with her, that rather than each person always writing their own reflections, perhaps the group could commit to one person being the "raconteur" for the group's discussion on a specific day. That person's reflection could then be sent around the group, and if people had different reflections than what the raconteur had written, they could include these in their next individual reflection. This struck me as a useful process. It both reduced the (large) number of individual reflections that needed to be written and assessed,a d also encouraged raconteurs to listen with "group-wide" ears,knowing that others might want to reflect i. Turn.

Hope this idea might be helpful, Margaret.

Warm regards

Pip