From: Open Educational Resources [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Jacqueline Carter
Sent: 04 June 2013 15:18
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: eTekkatho project - Educational resources for the Myanmar academic community

Dear All,

Following on from the excitement around the Library for All initiative, I wanted to share news of the eTekkatho project that has been undertaken by colleagues at Mimas (Dr Celia Russell, project manager, copied in).

Celia notes:

1.       The eTekkatho project at Manchester is aimed at higher education in Myanmar (Burma)

2.       The digital library is distributed through a low bandwidth website, combined with local distribution at LANs set up for that purpose at partner universities

3.       Content is open educational and research resources (plus some used with permission)

4.       The project is up and running at etekkatho.mimas.ac.uk and local installations have been set up over the last two weeks at six universities in Myanmar including Yangon (Rangoon) and Mandalay

The terms of service and take down policy have been adapted from the from Jorum Notice and Takedown policy.

The project had a press release in Yangon last week.

I’m sure Celia would be happy to answer any questions and I’m sure many of you will be interested in this work.

Best wishes,

Jackie

Dr Jackie Carter

UK Data Service: Director for Communications and Impact

Mimas Senior Manager: Learning & Teaching and Social Science Data

+44(0) 161 2756725

+44(0) 774 7460963

@JackieCarter

Mimas